Here is the outcome of my video project!
Hello my name is Marie Therese Lawlor. Creating a movie with iMovie is simple if you know the different menus and buttons that are new to the newest iMovie. I would like to show you how to make a short movie. I am going to show you how I made my movie about the WaterFront Insular Hotel. I am going to show you how to add photos, titles, transitions, voice over, music, subtitles, and much more.
1. The first step to creating my movie is uploading my photos of the WaterFront Insular Hotel into my iPhoto.
2. Once in iPhoto I must organize my photos into an album. This will allow me to easily access the photos that I need while in iMovie.
3. I must then go to the dock located at the bottom of my screen for iMovie or go to the applications folder and select iMovie.
4. To create a new movie I must click on the plus button that say create located on the upper left hand side or go to file then new movie.
5. I am selecting no theme.
6. I must then add a title TheWaterFront_InsularHotel.
7. Once I have entered the title I can click on okay.
8. After I have created a new movie, I will then have a blank timeline.
9. Now I must add a title. The title button is on the lower left hand side. I can choose from all of the different styles.
10. I am choosing the style focus because it is simple.
11. Once I have a title I am ready to start putting in photos. I’m clicking the iPhoto library icon on the left hand side, then clicking on the albums and locating my Insular_Waterfront_Hotel album.
12. Once I click on the album, I can see all of the photos in the album. I can then go ahead and put them on the timeline by dragging them into the timeline.
13. Now I must choose a transition to put between the title and the first photo. The transition button is on the lower left hand side. I am choosing a simple transition called cross dissolve. I am then going to drag cross dissolve into the middle of the title and the first photo.
14. I am then going to continue adding the photos from my album and adding transitions in between the photos.
15. Once I have added all of the photos and transitions, I am now going to put a title in the end that says The End to show that it is the end of the movie and a credit to me By: Marie Therese Lawlor.
16. Now I am going to go through the movie and make sure all of the photos are showing up correctly. iMovie adds a ken burns effect to all of the photos automatically, but not all photos show up correctly. This photo needs the start point and the end point changed because it is a vertical photo and I would like to show the entire photo.
17. Now that my photos are in order, I would like to do a voice over in the beginning and record a bit of audio advertising the Waterfront Insular Hotel. I must go to the menu click on window and click record voice over.
18. I now must them record my short advertisement.
“The WaterFront Insular Hotel is one of my favorite hotels. They are located right across Paradise Island so you can take a boat from the Insular Hotel. The hotel also has a beautiful pool and beach, delicious restaurants, comfortable bed, and a bathroom with a bathtub. It was a wonderful experience.”
19. Now that I have recorded my voice over I can now add music. I am going to my iTunes library and finding a song called “Hello.” I am then dragging the song onto the timeline. The iTunes button is located on the lower left hand side.
20. Now I must trim the song to fit my movie by dragging the audio clip to the left.
21. In the end of your movie you can also fade the song by dragging the button on your audio clip.
22. Now that my audio is in place, I am going to go through some of my photographs and write a subtitle explaining the photographs. I am picking the title gradient black and putting them on the bottom of the photos then typing in the explanations.
23. Now that I am done, I can share it to upload into Youtube. I can just click Share on the upper left hand side and click file. Once I click file, I can pick from the different sizes. I am choosing the smallest size which is SD480P. Then I am saving it to the desktop.
24. Now that I am done, I am then going to log onto my Youtube account to share my iMovie movie with my family and friends. Thanks for watching my tutorial. Have a great day.