Hello everyone! I am reading a recipe book called Flavors of My Kitchen. It is a really good recipe book for Mexican food. There is a really cool recipe on there I have copied and reworded slightly. Check it out.
Mango Chile Relleno Al Carbon
Prep time: 15 minute
Cook time:10 minute
4 poblano peppers
2 large mangoes (peeled, pitted, sliced, and divided)
4 tablespoons of Monterey Jack Cheese or Oaxaca Cheese
¼ cup of finely chopped red onion
¼ cup of chopped green bell pepper
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro
½ tablespoon of finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Put poblano peppers into the oven. Broil the poblano peppers until the sides are well toasted. Then place the peppers into a small paper bag. Let the peppers cool for about five minutes.
- Rub off the skin of the peppers. Cut a slit open on the side of the peppers to remove the seeds.
- Stuff the peppers with mango slices and put in a tablespoon of cheese.
- Chop up the remaining mangoes and place them into a small medium sized bowl.
- Place the stuffed peppers on a baking sheet. Make sure to line the baking sheet with foil first. Bake the peppers for about five minutes. Make sure the cheese has melted.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl combine the chopped red onions, lime juice, cilantro, and chipotle peppers. Mix the ingredients together. Afterward, mix in the remaining mango slices. Serve the mango chile relleno al carbon and enjoy.
✌ I hope this was a fun tutorial. Stay tuned for more awesome recipes.
Growing Your Own Cilantro
Also you can grow your own cilantro indoors. Check out this video. The Cici Li – Asian Home Cooking Channel shows you how to grow your own cilantro indoors.
Here are some Cilantro seeds I found at FoodMaxx. These ones are organic seeds.
There are cheaper seeds. These ones are not organic.
Check out this awesome video on how to preserve your cilantro so it stays fresh for a long time after you have harvested it.
✤ ✤ ✤ I will be writing a short guide about Mexican cheeses on my other blog KanelasCafeMainStreet.wordpress.com.
Poblano peppers for sale at Home Depot.
Al Carbon means cooked over coal.
Here are more recipes from the Flavors of My Kitchen book:
Here are the recipes for the Pico de Gallo Fruit Salad and Mango and Black Bean Salad: