Written By: Marie Therese Lawlor
In the past I was a waitress for Plum House in Eastview Mall. It was a Japanese restaurant and it was my first waitressing job. Plum House used the Micros system to help the servers enter the orders into the computer. Once the order was entered a piece of paper would then print out in the kitchen for the chef to see. Once the chef sees the order the chef would then cook the food and the waitress would then bring out the food to the customer‘s table. After the customer has eaten the Micros system is used to process the payment.
I have decided I would like to create a lesson plan on teaching students Cebuano. This lesson plan would include teaching the students Cebuano vocabulary, greetings, and basic Cebuano conversational dialogues. I would also like to teach the students the different drinks and foods while playing the computer game I have designed that is based on the Micros system.
The plan for the game Chow Queen:
A female customer shows up on the screen.
1. On the computer screen: Introduce yourself to the customer.
Player types in: Kumusta ka. Si TingTing ko. Ako imong waitress.
2. On the computer screen: Ask the customer what he/she wants to drink.
Player types in: Unsa imong gusto imnun.
3. A female customer shows up on the computer screen and she says to the player: Gusto ko mag inum ug buko juice.
Player enters in computer: Main Menu- Drinks- Buko Juice- Done
4. On the computer screen: Ask the customer if she has decided on what to order and what she would like to order.
Player types in: Na human na ka ug pili sa imong order. Unsang pagkaun imong gusto?
5. The female customer on the computer screen says: Gusto ko magkaun ug adobo ug rice.
Player enters: Main menu- Entree- Adobo-Done
6. On the computer screen: Ask the customer what he or she wants to eat for dessert.
Player types in: Unsang dessert ang gusto nimo?
7. The female customer on the computer says: Gusto ko mag kaun ug halo halo.
main menu- dessert- halo halo- done
8. The customer asks for the check. She says: Human na ko. Pwede ko makadawatsaakong cheque?
Player clicks on the computer: main menu- print check
Chow Queen Restaurant
Buko juice 20.00
Halo Halo 10.00
9. The check shows up on the computer screen: Say here is your check and say thank you.
Player types in: Maam cheque nimo. Salamat po.
10. The female customer on the computer screen leaves 150.
11. On the computer screen: You pick up the money and say- Thank you. Wait one moment for your change.
Player types in: Salamat. Hulatsa para saimongcambio.
12. Player clicks in the computer: main menu- pay- 150- computer says change 30
13. You leave the change for the customer and you say: Thank you come again.
Player types in: Salamat. Balik balikpo.
Check out my video about Chow Queen: